Inquiries about the current status of individuals should be addressed to the ABA office.
In addition to the physician's full name (if applicable, include maiden name), inquiries
should include other identification information if available (date of birth, ABA ID number).
The fee for written confirmation of an individual's status is $35.00. The ABA responds to
inquiries with one or more of the following statements:
- The physician is certified by the ABA.
- The physician is currently enrolled in MOCA.
- The physician is participating in MOCA.
- The physician is not participating in MOCA.
- The physician currently is not clinically active.
- The physician is retired from the practice of anesthesiology.
- The physician was certified by the ABA from (date of certification) to (date certification expired).
- The ABA revoked the physician’s certification, which had been in effect from (date of certification) to (date of revocation).
- The physician is a candidate in the ABA examination system.
- The physician has never been certified by the ABA.